Pink Mini Vegan Donut Muffins -- perfectly bite-sized, naturally-colored pink muffins that come together quickly in one bowl and happen to taste exactly like homemade cake donut holes.
---FOR THE MUFFINS---
1⁄2 cup white sugar
1⁄4 cup plant-based butter (melted)
1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg (or sub 1/2 tsp ground)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1⁄2 cup dairy-free milk (we used oat milk)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1⁄4 teaspoon Salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoon pink dragonfruit powder (aka pitaya powder, optional)
---FOR THE GLAZE---
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 1⁄2 tablespoon dairy-free milk
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
1⁄2 teaspoon Vanilla
1⁄2 teaspoon pink dragonfruit powder (aka pitaya powder, optional)
2 tablespoons sprinkles (of choice)
adapted from this recipe
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a mini muffin tin with 18 liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, melted butter, nutmeg and vanilla until well combined. Mix in plant-based milk, then add flour, baking powder, salt and dragon fruit powder (if using).
- Fill cups about ⅔ with batter. Bake 12-15 mins, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove muffins to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Whisk all glaze ingredients together until smooth; mixture should form a thick ribbon when drizzled back into the bowl (if it’s too stiff, add a wee bit more milk; if it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar). Set aside, covered, until ready to use.
- When muffins are completely cool, dip them into glaze and top with sprinkles. Allow glaze to set slightly before serving. Enjoy.
Yields 18 Mini Muffins