Picnic Potato Salad // via Nosh and Nourish #dairyfree #eggfree #vegan
1 1⁄2 cupWalnuts
1⁄2 cupSilk unsweetened almondmilk
3 poundssmall white potatoes
1yellow bell pepper
1 tablespoonminced onion (or sub fresh)
3 tablespoonsYellow Mustard
1 tablespoonbrown dijon mustard
1 tablespoonApple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoonssweet relish
1 tablespoonfresh diced chives
- Soak the walnuts in a container with water at room temperature for 4 hours. Then, drain the water. Add the almondmilk and use an immersion stick blender (a regular blender will also work) to puree the walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove stem and seeds from bell pepper. Slice into big strips, then lay flat on a lined cookie sheet, with the outside skin of the pepper facing down. Roast for 20 minutes or until softened and lightly browned. Let cool, then, dice and set aside.
- Chop potatoes into 3/4 inch cubes.
- In a large stockpot, boil water (2/3rds full). When boiling, add potatoes. Let cook for 20 - 25 minutes. Potatoes should be soft enough to press with a fork, but not mushy.
- Drain potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients except the potatoes.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add in the potatoes and stir.
- Cool in fridge for 1 - 2 hours before serving.
Yields 8 Servings