Peach Cobbler w/Quinoa // via Nosh and Nourish
6Peaches (pitted and sliced, or sub frozen)
1⁄4 cupCoconut Sugar
1⁄3 cupCoconut Oil
1 tablespoonDark Amber Maple Syrup
1 cupCooked Quinoa
2 tablespoonsCoconut Sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Powder
1⁄2 cupSilk Vanilla Almondmilk
3⁄4 cupsWhole Wheat Pastry Flour (I use Bob's RedMill)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sliced peaches, coconut sugar, and water. Simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 1 tbsp cornstarch and 1/4 tsp cinnamon to peach mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients (coconut oil through flour).
- Spray a deep baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spoon in the dough and press it flat.
- Pour the peach mixture on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla almondmilk ice cream (optional, though recommended!)
Yields 8 Servings