Paleo Shortbread Cookies Dipped in Chocolate Cranberry Ganache // via Nosh and Nourish
8 tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter (one stick)
1⁄3 cup honey
1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
1⁄3 can Dried Cranberries (chopped)
1⁄3 cup diced pears
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups almond flour
1⁄3 cup coconut flour
1⁄4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1⁄2 cup Dark Chocolate chips (for ganache)
2 tablespoons chocolate almondmilk (for ganache)
1 tablespoon cranberry relish/sauce* (for ganache -- optional)
I used a tablespoon of this leftover cranberry relish from Thanksgiving!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients: melted butter, honey, pistachios, cranberries, pears, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda until thoroughly combined and a dough forms.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Either make small 1.5 inch balls and slightly press down onto a greased cookie sheet OR roll the dough out flat between 2 pieces of parchment and use a round cookie cutter to make perfectly round shapes and then place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until slightly browned. Then, let cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a small pan over low heat. Stir in the almondmilk and cranberry sauce. Then, dip each cookie partway into the ganache. Set on a cooled cookie sheet for chocolate to dry.
- DEVOUR them.
Yields 18 CookiesNosh and Nourish