No Bake Samoa Bars // via Nosh and Nourish
1 1⁄2 cup Pitted Dates (approximately 16)
1 cup Walnuts
1 cup Coconut Flakes
1 cup Cocoa Powder
3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
3 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
3 tablespoons honey
1⁄2 cup Coconut Sugar (for the caramel sauce)
3 tablespoons Earth Balance Vegan Butter (for the caramel sauce)
1⁄4 cup Chocolate Almond Milk (for the caramel sauce)
1⁄4 teaspoon Sea Salt (for the caramel sauce)
1⁄4 cup Powder Sugar (optional)
- Combine the first 7 ingredients into a food processor (dates through honey).
- Blend for 3 - 4 minutes until it's thoroughly and has a mixed even texture.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9 x 9 pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- in the meantime, in a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt the coconut sugar and butter, stirring continually.
- Stir in almond milk and sea salt, until caramel sauce thickens.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the bars.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).
Yields 9 Squares