A hearty Italian soup made with kale, potatoes, Italian sausage, and onions, inspired by Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana.
4 Italian "sausages" (I used vegan Field Roast)
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1⁄8 Onion (diced)
4 cups Kale (chopped)
2 Large Russet Potatoes (cubed)
32 ounces Chicken broth (vegetarian, if desired)
2 cups Water
1⁄2 cup White Wine
1⁄2 cup Daiya cheese (optional)
1⁄2 cup Tomatoes (diced, optional)
- Slice Italian "sausages" into 1mm round circles.
- Saute diced onions, garlic, and sausages in a pan until cooked and browned.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large crock pot.
- Saute the diced kale for 2 - 3 minutes, just enough to soften and lightly brown.
- Add kale to crock pot and remaining ingredients (except for 1 cup water).
- Cook on high for 4 - 6 hours.
- Add remaining 1 cup of water after about 4 hours.
- Serve with Daiya cheese and diced tomatoes, optional.
Yields 4 Servings