Loaded Sweet Potatoes with BBQ Lentils and Spicy Slaw
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
1 1⁄2 cupcooked green lentils
1⁄2 cupyour favorite BBQ sauce
4 cupsshaved red cabbage (or sliced thin)
1⁄4 cupmayonaise (we like Veganise (to keep everything vegan!))
1 tablespoonlime juice
1⁄2 teaspoonchipotle powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Rub the sweet potatoes with the olive oil and season with salt. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Leave until they give a little when pressed and look caramelized.
- In the meantime, put the cooked lentils in a skillet and warm them up with the bbq sauce.
- Make the slaw dressing by mixing the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, the chipotle powder, and salt. Mix in the shaved red cabbage.
- For serving: Make a small incision in the middle of the sweet potato, spoon 3-4 tablespoons of bbq lentils and top with the red cabbage slaw. Top with chopped cilantro.
Yields 4 Servings