Loaded Mexican Nachos
----FOR THE STREET CORN----
3 ears of fresh corn (cut off the cobb)
1 tablespoon avocado oil (or sub olive oil)
juice from 1/2 a lime
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 tablespoon Siggi's plain yogurt (or sub plain Greek yogurt)
2 tablespoons queso fresco (Mexican cheese)
----FOR THE TACO MEAT---- (optional)
1⁄2 pound ground beef
1⁄2 cup Cooked Quinoa
1⁄2 cup grated sweet potato
1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
----FOR THE NACHOS----
12 ounces tortilla chips of choice (we love the Siete Foods' lime ones!)
Mexican Street Corn (recipe above)
Taco Meat (recipe above)
8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (we love the Horizon organic one)
1⁄3 cup queso fresco (Mexican cheese)
10 ounces True Rebel Mix® tomatoes (halved)
1⁄4 cup diced red onion
1⁄4 cup diced jarred mild jalapenos
handful of cilantro
1⁄2 cup Siggi's plain yogurt (or sub Greek yogurt)
1⁄2 cup Guacamole (optional)
*Other possible add-ons: melty queso dip, Chalula, or black beans. Or all of the above!
- In a large skillet pan over medium heat, combine the corn kernels, avocado oil, and lime juice. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Corn should get lightly browned, but not burned. Then, stir in chili powder, yogurt, and queso fresco. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In another large skillet pan over medium heat (or the same one emptied/wiped), saute the ground beef, quinoa, and grated sweet potato for approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Beef should be browned and cooked through (no pink). Set aside.
- Time to assemble your nachos! On a large sheetpan, lay out the tortillas chips in a single-ish layer. Top with ½ the shredded Mexican cheese. Then add any remaining tortilla chips and then top again with the rest of the Mexican Cheese. Spoon the Mexican street corn mixture on top of the chips evenly. Then add on the taco meat (optional). Then top with crumbled queso fresco. Bake for 10-12 minutes. You want the cheese to be melted on the nachos and the chips to be lightly browned, but not burned!
- Remove from heat and then add on the toppings to serve (evenly spaced): True Rebel Mix® tomatoes (halved), red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, Siggi’s yogurt, and guac. Feel free to arrange based on preference --- for example, I only put the red onion and guac on one half because my daughter and husband don’t love those.
Yields 4 Servings