Lime & Avocado Ceviche
12 ouncesWhite Fish (I used Flounder, but Halibut & Tilapia would work too)
1⁄2 cupKey Lime Juice (I used Nellie's )
2 tablespoonsOrange Juice
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
1 pinchSalt & Pepper (to taste)
- Thaw & Dice White fish.
- Marinate the fish in 1 cup of lime juice (I used the juice of 4 limes PLUS 1/2 cup of Key Lime Juice) -- for 4 hours (or more, up to 24 hrs) in the fridge.
- After 4 hours, drain/pour out the lime juice, leaving just the fish. The fish should no longer be translucent, but completely white, as the acidic lime juice has "cooked" it in the marinating process.
- Mix in the salsa, orange juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and avocado.
- OPTIONAL (mix in 1/4 cup diced red onion) -- I always leave onions out as Dear Hubby hates them.
- Mix in the diced avocado.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, or just spoon it right in :)
Yields 4 Servings