Lemon Cupcakes with Blueberry Buttercream Frosting -- divine!!
1 cup Sugar
8 tablespoons Butter (room temperature)
6 ounces Lemon Greek Yogurt (or sub plain)
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
1⁄4 cup honey
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
2 1⁄2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1⁄4 teaspoon Iodized Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar and butter, and use a hand-mixer to blend until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in the remaining wet ingredients: greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, almond milk, mixing thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture to the wet.
- Put cupcake liners into a muffin tin and fill them 2/3rds full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then add frosting and top with a dried blueberry.
Yields 24 Cupcakes