lemon blueberry muffins | cornbread muffins | mother's day brunch recipes | lemon basil recipes
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free Corn Flour* (or sub organic corn flour)
1 cup Bob's Red Mill GF 1:1 Baking Flour (or sub organic all-purpose flour)
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1⁄8 teaspoon Iodized Sea Salt
1 cup organic raw cane sugar
6 tablespoons Organic Butter (at room temp is preferred)
5 3⁄10 ounces Lemon Greek Yogurt (or you can sub sour cream)
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
1⁄2 cup vanilla unsweetened cashewmilk (or sub your favorite milk)
1 cup organic fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill GF 1:1 Baking Flour (to coat the blueberries)
1 tablespoon diced fresh basil
*corn flour is a finer grain than corn "meal" so the muffins turn out lighter and fluffier
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, corn flour, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk to combine and then set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cane sugar, room temp butter, and eggs. Use an electric hand mixer for approximately 2 min to combine. Then, stir in the lemon greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, cashewmilk, and eggs.
- Pour in the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the flours.
- Stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, stir the blueberries with 1 tbsp of flour to coat them. Then gently mix them into the batter along with the basil.
- Line a muffin tray with paper baking cups and fill each one 3/4s full with batter.
- Bake for 23 - 25 minutes, until tops are slightly golden.
Yields 12 Muffins