Holiday Cookies with Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds
1⁄2 cupChickpeas (canned --- rinsed then drained)
1⁄3 cupSilk Hazelnut Almondmilk creamer (or sub your favorite creamer or milk)
1⁄2 cupButter (or sub Earth Balance's dairy-free butter stick)
1⁄2 cuporganic cane sugar
1⁄2 cupBob's Red Mill coconut sugar
1 tablespoonflax seed
1 teaspoonBaking Soda
1 3⁄4 cupBob's Red Mill Organic All Purpose Flour
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
1 cupchocolate covered sunflower seeds (or sub in whatever you'd like: holiday m&ms, chocolate chips, pistachios and dried cranberries, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the chickpeas and almondmilk creamer in a large measuring cup. Use an immersion blender—a food processor or blender will also work—to puree until smooth.
- Partially melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpea mixture, butter, sugars, and egg yolks. Use a hand mixer for approximately 2 minutes to thoroughly combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flax seed, baking soda, and flour. Then, add to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate covered sunflower seeds. Use a spoon to form 2-inch balls. You should get about 24 balls. Place 6 to 8 on each prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until lightly golden brown and set in the center. Let cool on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
Yields 24 Cookies