Holiday Bread Pudding -- made with cranberry bagels! #dairyfree #gf
3 tablespoonsGround Flax
9 tablespoonsWarm Water
4 cupsCranberry Bagels, torn (I used 2 Udi's GF Mighty Bagels)
2 cupsVanilla Almond Milk
3 tablespoonsVegan Butter (or sub regular butter)
1⁄4 teaspoonGround Cloves
1⁄2 cupDried Apricots (diced)
For the homemade caramel sauce, mix 1 Tbsp coconut sugar, with 1 tsp almond milk. Let dissolve for a few minutes, then pour over the ice cream and bread pudding!
- Combine flax and warm water, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear bagels into small pieces, approx the size of pennies.
- Over the stovetop, combine almond milk and butter. Warm until butter is melted. Do not let it boil or burn.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a baking dish.
- Cook for one hour.
- Serve warm with almond milk ice cream, or regular.
Yields 12 Servings