4Sweet Hawaiian Foldits from Flatout (or sub plain)
7 ounceshickory smoked ham
8 ouncesshredded mozzarella cheese
4 slicespineapple rounds (grilled or fresh*)
8golden grape tomatoes
2small pearl onions (thinly sliced, optional)
1 cupplain Siggi's yogurt (for the sauce --- or sub Greek yogurt)
1 tablespoonBrown Mustard (for the sauce)
1 tablespoonhoney (for the sauce)
*You can pre-grill the pineapple slices before you put them in the panini. This really brings out their sweetness. BUT, if you're pressed for time, adding them in fresh works too.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl: yogurt, mustard, and honey. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- Heat up your outdoor grill (or George Foreman grill) to medium high.
- Assemble your panini. On half of the Foldit, layer a few pieces of ham, a round of pineapple slice (about 1 cm thick), and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese (enough to cover the pineapple). On the other side, add a layer of greens, a few tomato slices and a few pearl onion slices (omit them if you don't love onion like my hubby!).
- Grill on each side for 2 -3 minutes (or press it in the George Foreman so it grills both sides at the same time). Cheese should be melted and outside should have grill marks and be a light golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a large dollop of the yogurt sauce.
Yields 4 Paninis