Grilled Shrimp + Sausage Foil Packets
3 handfuls of small/baby potatoes (I used tri-color for more color)
3 zucchini squash (Mix of green/yellow)
3 bell peppers (Mix of red and orange)
1 small yellow onion
3 ears of corn
2 Lemons (divided)
3 bratwurst or sausage of choice (we love chicken sausage around here!)
1⁄2 pound medium-sized shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
sprinkle of salt and pepper (to taste)
1 handful of fresh parsley (chopped)
additional seasonings, if desired (we like Montreal Steak Seasoning)
1 cup Homemade BBQ Sauce (see recipe below)
* You will also need foil, a sauce mop or brush, an oven mitt/glove, and tongs to remove packets from grill.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Prep all your produce: cut potatoes in half, slice zucchinis into rounds, cut peppers into thin sticks, dice onion, cut ears of corn into small 1- 1 and 1/2 inch rounds, cut lemon into wedges or slices. Set everything aside, together – use a large tray or bowl to combine it all.
- Next, slice your bratwurst or sausage into 1 cm thick rounds. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl place your shrimp and then squeeze with juice from one of your lemons. Toss to coat. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Going back to your produce, drizzle a little olive oil over your produce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and additional seasonings as desired. Also sprinkle with some of your chopped parsley, but be sure to save some for garnish.
- Next, place two pieces of foil on top of each other. Place a good amount of your produce mixture into the center of the foil. Then add in some bratwurst or sausage and a few pieces of shrimp. Fold up the first piece of foil and then the second piece after, to form a nice seal. Set aside.
- Continue wrapping up your packets until you have used all your ingredients (minus your sauce). This recipe yields approximately 4- 6 foil packet dinners, but it is all dependent on how full you fill your foil.
- Place packets on your grill and grill them, covered for approximately 15 minutes.
- After approx. 15 minutes has passed, open up grill, and carefully (using a gloved hand or tongs) open up packets. Brush a generous amount of the BBQ sauce on the food, ensuring a good even coat. I brush on a little extra on the tops too, prior to re-sealing.
- Re-seal your packets and grill an additional 10 minutes, approximately.
- After time has passed, check food and if done to your liking, remove from grill. Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper, seasonings as desired and top with remaining parsley.
- Enjoy right out of the foil (with no dishes to clean up)!
Yields 6 Servings