Grilled Orange Chicken Legs
8chicken legs (or sub thighs or breasts)
1⁄2 teaspoonblack pepper
1⁄4 cuplow sodium soy sauce (or sub coconut aminos)
1⁄2 cupfresh orange juice
1 cloveMinced Garlic
1 teaspoongrated ginger
2 tablespoonshoney (or maple syrup)
1 teaspooncorn starch
1 teaspoonsesame seeds
2 tablespoonsgreen onions
Serve with steamed broccoli and jasmine rice.
***Note: If you don’t have an outside grill, you can make these in a skillet or an indoor grill pan.
- Make glaze by combining soy sauce, orange juice, garlic, ginger, and honey into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until gently simmering.
- Reduce heat and then whisk in corn starch and let sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes until slightly thickened and turn off heat.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees.
- Season chicken legs with salt and pepper on both sides and then place onto grill and cook for about 30-35 minutes total, flipping every 5-7 minutes with the lid down. Internal temperature should read 165 degrees when chicken is cooked though.
- When the chicken legs are almost cooked through, brush the glaze over top and cook for one minute before flipping and repeating on the second side.
- Remove from grill and serve alongside jasmine rice and broccoli and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
- Drizzle extra sauce on top.
Yields 6 Servings