Gluten-free Spice Muffins w/a dark chocolate streusel topping // @noshandnourish
1⁄2 cupChickpeas (mashed)
1⁄2 cupPeach Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani "Flip")
1⁄4 cupCoconut Sugar
2 cupsBrown Rice Flour (or sub your favorite flour)
1 teaspoonBaking Powder
1 teaspoonBaking Soda
1 tablespoonButter (melted - for streusel)
1 tablespoonCoconut Sugar (for streusel)
1 tablespoonBrown Rice Flour (for streusel)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash banana and chickpeas (I microwaved my chickpeas for 1 min to soften them before mashing).
- Add in remaining muffin ingredients: yogurt, vanilla, coconut sugar, honey, egg whites, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, & baking soda. Mix thoroughly.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray, or use butter/flour to coat the insides.
- Pour batter evenly into the muffin tin (mine made 10 muffins).
- Mix together the streusel toppings (double if you want a lot of streusel on each muffin): Toppings from "Flip", 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp coconut sugar, 1 tbsp brown rice flour.
- Press a small spoonful of streusel onto each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for ~5 minutes before devouring.
Yields 10 Muffins