Fudgy Mocha Mint Brownies
15 ounces can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
6 tablespoons brewed decaf coffee (cooled)
4 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
1 cup Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1⁄3 cup Dark Amber Maple Syrup
1⁄4 cup Coconut Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1⁄4 teaspoon Sea Salt
1⁄2 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon fresh mint (diced)
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker's Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Create your flax eggs by mixing together the ground flaxseed and brewed coffee. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before adding into the batter.
- Drain and rinse black beans, then put in a large mixing bowl with coconut oil. Use an immersion stick blender (or a food processor will work) to puree the beans until smooth.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, including flax eggs, and stir.
- Use non-stick spray or additional coconut oil to grease the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking pan.
- Pour in batter and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. The top edges of the brownies should start to come away from the pan.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Yields 9 Brownies