Grilled Tofu Tacos with Gochujang Glaze (Vegan- and Gluten-Free-Optional) -- smoky grilled tofu tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce and loaded into tacos with refreshing pickles carrots, cucumbers, scallions and sesame seeds.
* this is the Gochujang paste I like
● We heat our tortillas in a dry cast-iron skillet, preheated over a high flame, for 30 seconds a side, or until browned in spots.
● As written, these tacos pack a medium heat. For kiddos, I reserve a few pieces of the plain grilled tofu and drizzle it lightly with the gochujang sauce (or you could season it simply with a little soy sauce and omit the sauce completely for littles). We also gave Lana the choice of a taco or a bowl, so she chose to have hers over a little leftover sushi rice in lieu of a tortilla.
● For a salad version of this meal: skip the tortillas and toss together all ingredients with 1 head of chopped romaine, 1 julienned bell pepper, and a quick vinaigrette of 3 parts avocado oil, 1 part lime juice, a little sugar and a generous splash of fish sauce. Top with lots of fresh mint.
● Finally, to make these vegan: sub maple syrup or brown-rice syrup for the honey. To make these gluten-free, choose gluten-free tamari and certified GF corn tortillas.