Double Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins // via Nosh and Nourish #dairyfree #vegan #recipe
2 Flax Eggs* (or sub regular eggs)
15 ounces pumpkin puree (make sure NOT to use the pre-spiced kind)
1⁄4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
1⁄2 cup Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
1⁄4 cup chocolate almondmilk (I used Silk)
1⁄4 cup Cocoa Powder
2⁄3 cups Coconut Sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1⁄2 cup Chocolate Chips (be sure to use Enjoy Life brand, if you want to keep it vegan)
1⁄3 cup pumpkin butter (to adorn the tops of the muffins (optional))
2 flax eggs = 2 tbsp of ground flax + 6 tbsp warm water, refrigerated for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make your flax eggs.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, black beans, chocolate almondmilk, and coconut oil. Use an immersion stick blender to puree, or mash well with a fork.
- Add in the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and flax eggs. Stir with a fork to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix well, then slowly add it in to the wet mixture.
- Once combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the muffins are cooked through.
- Adorn with pumpkin butter and additional chocolate chips (optional)
Yields 12 Muffins