Double Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins // via Nosh and Nourish #dairyfree #vegan #recipe
2Flax Eggs* (or sub regular eggs)
15 ouncespumpkin puree (make sure NOT to use the pre-spiced kind)
1⁄4 cupMelted Coconut Oil
1⁄2 cupBlack Beans (rinsed and drained)
1⁄4 cupchocolate almondmilk (I used Silk)
1⁄4 cupCocoa Powder
2⁄3 cupsCoconut Sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoonCinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoonGround Cloves
2 cupsUnbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
1⁄2 cupChocolate Chips (be sure to use Enjoy Life brand, if you want to keep it vegan)
1⁄3 cuppumpkin butter (to adorn the tops of the muffins (optional))
2 flax eggs = 2 tbsp of ground flax + 6 tbsp warm water, refrigerated for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make your flax eggs.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, black beans, chocolate almondmilk, and coconut oil. Use an immersion stick blender to puree, or mash well with a fork.
- Add in the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and flax eggs. Stir with a fork to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix well, then slowly add it in to the wet mixture.
- Once combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the muffins are cooked through.
- Adorn with pumpkin butter and additional chocolate chips (optional)
Yields 12 Muffins