Dairy-Free Muddy Buddies with Coconut and Pistachios -- the perfect holiday dessert! // via Nosh and Nourish
5 cupschocolate Chex
2⁄3 cupsPowdered Sugar
1⁄3 cupPistachios (crushed)
1⁄3 cupunsweetened coconut flakes
1⁄2 cupdairy-free chocolate chips (or sub regular)
1⁄3 cupPeanut Butter
1⁄8 cupCoconut Oil
1⁄8 cupSilk Chocolate Cashewmilk
- Crush pistachios and unsweetened coconut flakes in a large sealed ziploc bag with the flat side of a meat tenderizer (or finely chopping with a knife would work too). Transfer to a fresh bag and add in powdered sugar. Then, set aside.
- Put chocolate chex into a large mixing bowl.
- In a large measurng cup, combine chocolate chips, coconut oil, peanut butter, and cashewmilk.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between each 30 second interval, until completely melted. (It took about 90 seconds for me).
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the chocolate chex in the large mixing bowl. Stir until all pieces of cereal are evenly coated.
- Spoon the chocolate covered cereal into the large ziploc bag with the powdered sugar mixture. Seal it. Then, shake it all up until everything is evenly coated with the powder.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet, pour out the muddy buddies into a single layer and let them cool/dry for approximately 20 minutes before eating/serving.
Yields 12 Servings