Creamy Carrot Ginger Cashew Soup // via Nosh and Nourish
1⁄2a sweet potato (peeled and sliced)
1 tablespoonextra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
2 cupsSilk Unsweetened Cashewmilk
1 tablespoonMinced Garlic
1 teaspoonshredded fresh ginger root
1 cupCoconut Water
8Fresh Basil Leaves
1⁄2 cupginger molasses cashews* (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line carrots and sweet potato in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle on sea salt.
- Roast/bake for 30 minutes.
- Set aside one carrot and one slice of roasted sweet potato to use as a soup topper. Combine the rest of the roasted carrots (cut in half), sweet potatoes, cashewmilk, garlic, ginger, and lime juice in a high speed blender. (I have a blendtec and used the hot soup function). Make sure your lid is on tight!
- Pour the blended mixture into a medium stockpot and then stir in the coconut milk. Let the soup warm up over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh basil leaves, the roasted veggies you set aside in step 4, and ginger molasses cashews.
Yields 4 Servings