Chicken Pesto Zoodle Soup -- a hearty Italian soup full of veggies and protein your family will love! // via Nosh and Nourish
1 poundChicken Breasts (diced)
1 1⁄2 tablespoonOlive Oil
1⁄2 tablespoonMinced Garlic
1⁄2 tablespoonMontreal Chicken Seasoning
64 ouncesChicken broth (or stock)
15 ouncescan of organic cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
15 ouncesDiced Tomatoes (I used Muir Glen tomatoes with garlic & onion)
1⁄3 cupdiced roasted red peppers
1Zucchini (spiralized into noodles -- approximately 2 cups)
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
1⁄4 teaspoonblack pepper
- In a large stockpot over medium high heat, heat up olive oil. Then add in the chicken, garlic, and Montreal chicken seasoning. Saute for approximately 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through, lightly browned, and no longer pink inside.
- Then, add in the remaining ingredients (except for parmesan cheese).
- Simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Adorn with parmesan cheese and fresh basil (optional).
- To make each parmesan provolone grilled cheese, you'll need 2 pieces of bread, a bit of butter, one slice of provolone, and a handful of shredded parmesan. Cook in a small pan over medium low heat for a few minutes on each side to get a nice golden brown and the cheese to melt.
Yields 6 Bowls