Chicken Enchilada Dip
5 ounceslow-fat cream cheese (allow this to sit out to be completely at room temperature)
1 cupPlain greek yogurt
1 cupred enchilada sauce
7 ouncesmild green chiles (diced)
1 1⁄2 tablespoonTaco Seasoning
4 cupscooked shredded chicken
1 1⁄2 cupshredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
1 cupshredded pepper jack cheese
2 cupsshredded lettuce
1⁄4 cupchopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese (room temp), yogurt, enchilada sauce, green chilis and taco seasoning. Mix until very well combined (cream cheese should be able to be mixed right in).
- Next, fold in shredded chicken, pepper jack cheese, and only 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar.
- Place chicken and cheese mixture into an oven safe skillet or dish (we use a cast iron skillet), spreading out evenly. Then top with remaining sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
- While dip bakes make your spooky chips – I suggest graves and trees, and maybe ghosts! Simply take your flour tortillas, and cut out desired shapes with kitchen shears. Place on a baking sheet and cook 5- 6 minutes, until slightly hardened (but not too hard!). Remove from oven and set aside.
- When dip is done, also remove from oven. Top dip with lettuce and green onions, as desired. Then insert tortilla graves, trees, etc.
- Serve with additional tortilla chips, crackers or vegetables.
Yields 8 Servings