Carrot Cake Pancakes --- perfect for Easter or any weekend brunch for that matter! // via Nosh and Nourish
1 cupCascadian Farm frozen organic multi-colored carrots (or sub fresh)
1⁄4 cupgolden raisins
1 cupvanilla cashewmilk (or sub almondmilk or dairy milk)
1⁄4 cupMaple Syrup
2Eggs (or sub flax eggs to keep vegan)
1⁄4 teaspoonGround Cloves
1 cup1:1 Gluten-free Baking Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill, or sub white whole wheat flour)
1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Powder
1 tablespoonCoconut Oil
top with additional golden raisins and 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts --- plus dark amber maple syrup!
- Combine the carrots, raisins, cashewmilk, and honey in a high speed blender. Blend until mostly (or completely) smooth.
- Pour the puree into a large mixing bowl, then whisk in the eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and spices. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture into the carrot puree in the large mixing bowl, about 1/3 at a time stirring well.
- In a large pan, over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil. Then, pour the batter into small 3 to 4 inch circles. When pancakes start bubbling a bit and the bottom is slightly browned, flip them over. Continue cooking for a minute or two on the other side.
- Serve warm with additional golden raisins, walnuts and maple syrup.
Yields 8 Pancakes