Carrot Apple Sriracha Hummus
2 large carrots
1⁄2 honeycrisp apple (peeled)
15 ounces Chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1⁄4 cup Silk unsweetened almondmilk
1⁄4 cup garlic coconut oil (or sub plain or olive oil)
1⁄4 cup tahini
1 tablespoon everything but the bagel spice (or sub garlic herb blend and sesame seeds)
1 tablespoon sriracha (or more if you like things spicier!)
juice from 1/2 a lemon
*If it seems to thick, add a bit more oil.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel carrots and cut them into smaller 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay the carrot pieces and apple in a single layer. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Puree on high until smooth.
- Serve with: crackers, pita chips, harvest snaps, carrots, grape tomatoes, apple slices, etc...
Yields 12 Servings