Caramelized Onion and Grilled Peach Pizza on a homemade crust | No Sugar Sweet Life
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
1 tablespoon Sugar (activates yeast!)
1 tablespoon Salt
2 cups 115 Degree Water
4 1⁄2 cups Flour (all purpose)
1 teaspoon Oregano
1⁄2 tablespoon Dry Ranch Mix
1 Medium Onion
1⁄2 tablespoon Minced Garlic
12 Basil Leaves
1 Jar of Pizza Sauce (I used Classico)
16 ounces Mozzarella Cheese (fine)
Original Pizza Dough recipe found here. I added the oregano & ranch for extra flavor.
- Combine olive oil, active dry yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Warm 2 cups of water in the microwave until 115 degrees (~45 seconds). Take temperature with a meat thermometer. If too hot, wait 'til it cools down to 115, or replace some of the hot water with cold.
- Mix the 115 degree water into the bowl.
- Let sit on the counter for 15 minutes until it starts to foam.
- Add in flour, oregano, and ranch mix.
- Stir until smooth.
- Roll the dough in a lightly oiled bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 HOURS.
- When ready to make the pizzas, take the dough and split it in half (it makes 2 pizzas).
- Knead and roll each dough ball to the desired thickness on a floured surface. *It expands while cooking, so make sure to make it flat enough to start.
- Roll up edges slightly, and brush with olive oil.
- Carmelize onions on medium heat, approximately 20 minutes. Add in garlic for last 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce onto pizza.
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Slice peaches and spread out over cheese.
- Top with carmelized onions and basil leaves.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes on a pizza stone, or until browned.
Yields 6 Servings