Roasted Butternut Squash & Chickpea Greek Tacos - vegetarian, colorful, vibrant, and delish! // via Nosh and Nourish
10 ouncesfrozen cubed butternut squash (or sub ~ 2 cups fresh)
3⁄4 cupsorganic chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1 tablespoonextra virgin olive oil (or sub avocado oil)
1⁄2 tablespoonGreek seasoning (I get mine at WholeFoods*)
1⁄4 cupdiced peppadew peppers (a tangy round red pepper found in the olive bar at grocery stores)
1⁄2 cupdiced cucumber
1⁄4 cupdiced red onion
1⁄2 cupGood Foods' Feta Cucumber Dip
8small corn tortillas (or sub flour, whichever you prefer)
*Here's the Greek seasoning I like to use from Whole Foods.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a greased or aluminum-lined baking sheet, lay the butternut squash cubes and chickpeas in a single layer. Brush the olive oil on top, then squeeze the lime juice and sprinkle the Greek seasoning.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the peppadews, cucumber and red onion in a small bowl.
- Slice or dice the kalamata olives, removing the pits.
- Briefly bake or pan-fry the tortillas to warm them up, then assemble the tacos: a spoonful of the butternut and chickpeas, a spoonful of the peppadew salsa, a dollop of the feta dip, and a few slices of olive.
Yields 8 Tacos