Roasted Butternut Squash & Chickpea Greek Tacos - vegetarian, colorful, vibrant, and delish! // via Nosh and Nourish
10 ounces frozen cubed butternut squash (or sub ~ 2 cups fresh)
3⁄4 cups organic chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or sub avocado oil)
juice from 1/2 a lime
1⁄2 tablespoon Greek seasoning (I get mine at WholeFoods*)
1⁄4 cup diced peppadew peppers (a tangy round red pepper found in the olive bar at grocery stores)
1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
1⁄4 cup diced red onion
4 kalamata olives
1⁄2 cup Good Foods' Feta Cucumber Dip
8 small corn tortillas (or sub flour, whichever you prefer)
*Here's the Greek seasoning I like to use from Whole Foods.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a greased or aluminum-lined baking sheet, lay the butternut squash cubes and chickpeas in a single layer. Brush the olive oil on top, then squeeze the lime juice and sprinkle the Greek seasoning.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the peppadews, cucumber and red onion in a small bowl.
- Slice or dice the kalamata olives, removing the pits.
- Briefly bake or pan-fry the tortillas to warm them up, then assemble the tacos: a spoonful of the butternut and chickpeas, a spoonful of the peppadew salsa, a dollop of the feta dip, and a few slices of olive.
Yields 8 Tacos