Butternut Almond Butter Waffles
2⁄3 cups canned butternut squash (~ 1/2 a can)
1⁄3 cup Open Nature Maple Almond Butter
1⁄4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1⁄8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
2 Flax Eggs*
1⁄2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup (optional)
1 cup Silk Vanilla Almondmilk (unsweetened)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoon Baking Soda
*2 flax eggs = 2 tbsp of flax mixed with 6 tbsp of warm water, then refrigerated for 15 minutes
- Make your flax eggs (instructions above). Refrigerate for 15 min.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butternut squash, almond butter, almondmilk, spices, flax eggs, and apple cider vinegar. Use a fork or whisk to combine until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Then stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Heat your waffle iron per owner instructions. Lightly spray cooking spray into iron and then add enough batter to the iron to make waffles. Every few waffles, be sure to re-spray your waffle iron as necessary.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or vanilla yogurt.
Yields 10 Waffles