Brownie Batter Zucchini Muffins // via Nosh and Nourish #healthy #decadent #vegan
2 tablespoons Ground Flax*
6 tablespoons Warm Water*
1 cup Finely Shredded Zucchini (peeled first)
1⁄2 cup Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
3⁄4 cups Sugar (coconut or white)
1 3⁄4 cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
6 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
*Or sub regular eggs (not vegan) instead of the flax eggs.
**The batter is very thick, but bakes up perfectly! So don't be alarmed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flax and warm water. Then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients (including chilled flax mixture) into a medium mixing bowl.
- Use non-stick spray or coconut oil to grease a muffin tin.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with muffin batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Smear with vegan butter or your favorite nut butter (optional).
Yields 12 Muffins