Berry Cobbler w/a Kahlua reduction sauce // via Nosh and Nourish
6 cups Berries (I used strawberries, blueberries, blackberries & raspberries)
1⁄8 cup Water
1⁄8 cup Coconut Sugar (or sub light brown sugar)
1⁄8 cup Kahlua
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1⁄2 tablespoon honey
1⁄8 cup Cornstarch
1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (I use Bob's Redmill)
3⁄4 cups Oat Flour (I use Bob's Redmill)
1⁄2 cup Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1⁄2 cup Coconut Sugar
- Combine the cobbler dough ingredients in a medium mixing bowl: whole wheat pastry flour, oat flour, egg, coconut oil, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
- Allow dough to harden slightly by putting it in the fridge for one hour.
- Once dough is done, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the berries, water, 1/8 cup coconut sugar, Kahlua, and vanilla in a medium stockpot.
- Simmer covered for approximately 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the berry mixture into a deep baking dish.
- Spoon off large chunks of the cobbler dough and place them over the berries, leaving some areas uncovered.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until dough is completely cooked and slightly brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Yields 12 Servings