Balsamic Chicken and Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner
• Start off by making your marinade. Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, thyme and honey (if using) in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then set aside.
• Once chicken is trimmed and cut (if necessary) place in a large resealable bag and add about 1/2 of the marinade to the bag. Then, seal the bag and give it a good shake – moving the chicken around in the bag so that each piece get coated with the marinade. Lay bag flat in the refrigerator and allow to marinade for at least 2 hours. *Depending on size of bags, you may need to do two and split chicken/ marinade between them.
• Once you are getting ready to cook-time: Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and either line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper or spray pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray. *I don’t like to overcrowd my veggies, so typically use two pans if making a large meal like this, and then transfer everything to one single pan prior to serving.
• While chicken is marinating/ prior to cooking, prep all your vegetables except tomatoes (see below) – cut broccoli, peel and cut carrots, slice/ chop mushrooms and dice onion. Once prepped, place all veggies on your sheet pan(s) and pour remaining marinade over the veggies; tossing to coat. *You do not have to use all of the marinade. If you think it is too much, just use as much as you would like on the veggies. Discard the remainder or serve on the side with the finished meal.
• Remove chicken from resealable bag(s) and add to your sheet pan(s), alongside the veggies.
• Next, place pan(s) in oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove pan(s) from oven and scatter your cherry tomatoes throughout the pan(s). Return to oven.
• Continue cooking for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
• Once everything is all cooked through and ready, remove pan(s) from oven and top with fresh basil (chopped) before serving.
Yields 4 Servings