Autumn Harvest Chili -- the only chili recipe you need alllllll winter long!! It is packed with veggies AND even the pickiest eaters love it! // via Nosh and Nourish
2 cupsSprouts super greens (or any mixed greens)
1 tablespoonMinced Garlic
1Bell Pepper (I used orange)
1Apple (I used gala)
1 poundground beef
1 tablespoonMontreal Steak Seasoning (or sub salt & pepper)
29 ouncesSprouts' organic diced tomatoes (~two 14.5 ounce cans)
1⁄3 cupcanned butternut squash (or sub pumpkin)
30 ouncesblack eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
15 ouncesSprouts' organic chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
64 ouncesSprouts' chicken stock
2 1⁄2 tablespoonsChili Powder
3⁄4 cupsSweet Kernel Corn (frozen or canned)
- Dice the greens, bell pepper, and apple. In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute these veggies with the minced garlic for approximately 5 minutes until the bell pepper is softened.
- Remove the sauteed vegetables from the stockpot and place them in a container to save for later. Put the ground beef into the stockpot over medium heat with the Montreal Steak Seasoning and cook until all the meat is browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in the sauteed veggies that you set aside and all the remaining ingredients!
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cornbread (optional, but highly recommended!).
Yields 8 Servings