Asparagus, Pea, and Carrot Top Pesto Pasta
16 ouncespasta of choice
1 bunchAsparagus (approximately 15 spears -- washed and trimmed)
1 cupGreen Peas
1⁄2 cupcarrot top pesto* (below)
1⁄4 cupgrated Parmesan (optional)
*Carrot Top Pesto recipe --- below.
- Follow Kelly’s recipe for Carrot Top Pesto (below). Store in an airtight jar in fridge if not using all at once.
- Cook pasta according to directions in boiling salted water.
- Wash and trim asparagus, Slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat a large pan to medium. Drizzle with a tsp or so of olive oil and add asparagus. Saute until softened (about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. Add green peas and continue to saute until tender.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and toss with tongs. Remove from heat and pour pesto into pan. Continue to toss with tongs until evenly coated.
- Serve with grated parmesan (optional) and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!
Yields 4 Servings