Asian Layered Salad // @noshandnourish
2 bunches Romaine Lettuce
3⁄4 cups Shredded Carrots
3⁄4 pounds Chicken Breast
1 can Sliced Water Chestnuts
1⁄2 cup Almonds (chopped)
3⁄4 cups Peas (or sub Edamame beans )
2 Mandarin Oranges (or sub Clementines)
3⁄4 cups Asian Sesame Dressing (I used Kraft)
- Cut the lettuce into thin strips, and lay it in a medium salad bowl.
- Cook the chicken on the stovetop with a bit of the sesame dressing, or some sesame oil.
- Layer all the ingredients into strips on top of the lettuce.
- Serve into individual bowls so that each person gets some of each topping.
- Drizzle on the Asian Sesame dressing.
Yields 6 Servings