Apple Cinnamon Super Grain Muffins --- the perfect way to start the day! // via Nosh and Nourish
2 packets of Quaker Super Grains oatmeal (apples & cinnamon flavor)
1⁄2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 cup organic flour (I used Bob's Red Mill organic all-purpose flour)
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoon Iodized Sea Salt
1 cup grated zucchini
1⁄4 cup applesauce
1⁄2 cup avocado oil (or sub coconut oil or olive oil)
2 Eggs (I used O Organics' eggs)
1⁄2 cup Coconut Sugar (or sub regular sugar)
1⁄2 cup unsweetened cashewmilk (or sub your favorite milk)
1⁄4 cup honey roasted pecans (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: oatmeal, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Grate a medium zucchini, then squeeze out the excess juices --- do this by putting the grated zucchini in a cotton tea towel and squeezing until no more juice comes out. Then put the zucchini into the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients: apple sauce, avocado oil, eggs, coconut sugar, and cashewmilk. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Then, stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir just until mixed.
- Use cupcake liners and then spray the muffin tin and liners with non-stick spray. Fill each cup 3/4 of the way up to the top.
- Sprinkle the tops with the coarsely chopped honey roasted pecans. Gently press them down into the batter slightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yields 12 Muffins