Introducing Asparagus Crostini:
I made this during the holidays when I was experimenting with dairy alternatives like Daiya cheese. I also tried tempeh for the first time. I liked the smoky bacon flavor that I used in this recipe, but wasn't so impressed with the "regular" flavor in a different recipe that didn't make the blog "cut." I hope you know I only share the BEST recipes with you!!!
I love the close-up of the maple tempeh!
Alternate the Daiya cheese and the tempeh (or bacon if you don't want to be as adventurous), then top with a thin layer of asparagus. Doesn't that look so pretty?!
And then slice, serve, and dig in to the savory goodness.
Even my veggie-hating hubby who thinks "fake" cheese and "fake"meat are weird, thoroughly enjoyed this appetizer.
Asparagus Crostini // @noshandnourish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out pastry sheet into a 9x9 or similar-sized pan.
- Brush the balsamic vinegar along the entire crust.
- Pan cook the tempeh (or bacon)
- Layer the tempeh and cheese in an alternating pattern along the crust.
- Top with a thin layer of asparagus.
- Bake for 30 minutes, making sure the crust is lightly browned before taking it out.
- Slice and serve!
Yields 9 Servings