Spicy Pickled Cucumbers | korean side dish | spicy cucumbers | korean cucumbers
2Cucumbers (spiralized into ribbons, or thinly sliced)
1 teaspoonSea Salt
1⁄2 teaspoonMinced Garlic
1 teaspoonrice vinegar
1 teaspoonraw cane sugar
1⁄4 teaspooncayenne pepper (or use more if you like things really spicy)
2 teaspoonsNow Foods' organic sesame seeds
2 tablespoonscoarsely chopped peanuts
1 tablespoonchopped green onion (optional)
- Put your spiralized (or thinly cut) cucumbers in a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle the sea salt on them making sure that it gets on evenly. Put bowl in the fridge for one hour.
- Take the cucumbers out of the fridge and squeeze the excess juice/water from them over the sink. You will only be able to do about 1/3 at a time... squeeze until most of the excess is gone. You will also need to pour the extra juice/water out of the bottom of the bowl.
- Put the squeezed cucumber ribbons back into the bowl and then add in all of the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Serve alongside a bowl of bibimbap, rice, bulgogi, veggies, etc... or as a topping on a veggie burger... or by itself.
Yields 4 Servings