Updated! Honey Sesame Fish Tacos
pieces wild caught cod, frozen (~16 oz)
1⁄2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 1⁄2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1⁄4 teaspoon Chili Powder
small taco-sized tortillas (I like a corn / flour blend, but use whatever type you like)
1 cup Horizon Organic sour cream
1 cup Horizon Organic shredded Mexican cheese
dash Paprika (for topping, optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay frozen pieces of fish in a single layer in a baking dish. Brush 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil on top.
- Bake for 16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl: sesame oil through cayenne. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and lime juice.
- Once the fish cooks, there will be a lot of extra liquid in pan. Use tongs to transfer the baked fish (without any of the liquids) to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Break up the fish into small pieces / flakes with a large spoon/utensil. Pour on sauce and stir frequently for approximately 5 minutes. Fish should start to caramelize a bit.
- Assemble your tacos: red cabbage, honey sesame fish, a dollop of lime sour cream, and cheese. Sprinkle paprika on top (optional)
Yields 4 Servings