Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup // via Nosh and Nourish
1 1⁄2 cupcashews (raw, unsalted)
2 cupsSilk Almond/Coconut Blend (or sub plain almondmilk or cashewmilk)
1Sweet Potato (peeled & diced)
1small onion (peeled & diced)
3 tablespoonsVegan Butter (or sub regular)
1 tablespoonMinced Garlic
2Carrots (peeled and thinly sliced)
4 cupsChicken broth
1 cupwild rice blend (dry)
1⁄4 cupNutritional Yeast
2 teaspoonsMontreal Chicken Seasoning
1⁄4 teaspoonSea Salt
1⁄4 teaspoonDry Mustard
2Cooked Chicken Breasts (I used rotisserie chicken!)
- Soak the cashews in the water for approximately 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Drain the water from the cashews, then add in the almondmilk. Use an immerision stick blender to puree (or a food processor will work)
- Dice the sweet potato, onion, and carrots.
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, melt the butter then add in the garlic, diced sweet potato, onion, and carrots. Let simmer for approximately 5 minutes until everything is softened.
- Add in the chicken broth, water, and almondmilk/cashew mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then add in remaining ingredients: rice, nutritional yeast, Montreal chicken seasoning, salt, pepper, mustard, and chicken. Let cook for approximately 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Soup is done when rice is soft/cooked.
- Enjoy with a side of fresh bread! (optional)
Yields 6 Servings