Autumn Harvest Chopped Salad with Maple Bourbon Dressing
1 cupdiced butternut squash
1⁄2 tablespoonavocado oil
pinchgarlic powder & cayenne
8 cupsspring greens (coarsely chopped)
1⁄2 cupCooked Quinoa
1⁄2 cupcoarsely chopped honey roasted pecans (or sub plain pecans to keep vegan)
1Avocado (pitted and diced)
1 cupchopped brussels sprouts (raw --- approximately 4 brussels sprouts)
1⁄4 cupdiced red onion (optional)
1⁄3 cupmaple bourbon dressing* (recipe below)
*other optional add-ins include: honey goat cheese, pomegranate arils, and/or diced apples.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir cubed butternut squash, 1/2 tbsp avocado oil and cayenne + garlic powder to evenly coat.
- Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes (checking at 10 and 12 min). Butternut cubes should get crispy and lightly browned, but not burned.
- In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing when ready to serve.
- Toss with salad tongs to thoroughly combine.
Yields 8 Servings