Reboot Part 1: Grocery List, Menu, & Cost
First a few confessions. My hubby said my blog was full of lies (thanks honey)... but what he meant was that I'm never showing you the WHOLE picture. I'm only showing you the part I want you to see. I'm not sure what you think about me or my life, but I struggle with the same things you do. My sink is more often than not full of dishes, waiting for the dishwasher to be unloaded. Even Babycakes' sink looks like mine! ---------------------> I have hard days at times where I struggle to balance all that's going on in my life. And sometimes, even with my best intentions, things don't go as planned... like the Twix bar Babycakes got at church for Easter (so much for a sugarless Easter). I am not perfect. And I don't do all this (mommyhood, wifehood, accountinghood, and diethood) perfectly.
Ok, now that that's on the table... I would love to share with you the menu, shopping list, and costs associated with the first 5 days of my Reboot. Again, today I'm starting a 15 day Reboot - 5 days of eating fruits/veggies, followed by 5 days of juicing, followed by 5 days of eating fruits/veggies. I will document each section separately. There's not yet much out there as far as shopping lists or costs associated with a Reboot. So I plan to provide those things here for you.
Rebooting in the real world
The other thing I noticed is that a lot of meal plan / menu suggestions are SUUUUUUUUUUPER time consuming. I don't know about you, but I don't have 45 minutes to spend on a week day breakfast - just baking some apples! So, the meal plans I have constructed and developed, keep the same spirit of the original Reboot, but have some modifications, that in my opinion, make them easier to duplicate and easier to accomplish "in the real world". Mine could be nicknamed, "The Busy Person Reboot."
All my ingredients for the first 5 days cost me $48.72. (So a little under $10/day) I was pretty happy with that.
- B - Hot Green Tea and Cherry/Apple Bake: 1 cup cherries, 1 apple chopped, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Combine & Microwave for 2 minutes until apples are soft. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp raisins on top. (UPDATE - They didn't have any cherries at the store: out of season. So I just used 2 apples instead, and it was delicious!! And the apples were cooked PERFECTLY!!!!! Forget 45 minutes of baking!!!! See pic below.)
- L - Spinach salad with bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, refried black beans, and roasted red pepper vinegarette
- D - Stir-fry veggies: Carrots, snow peas, and water chestnuts + small side salad
- Bedtime - Hot Green Tea
- B - Pink Kale Juice
- L - Spinach salad with edamame hummus, avocado, bell peppers, tomatoes & salsa
- Snack - Bell Peppers & Edamame hummus
- D - Spaghetti squash with tomato sauce + watermelon
- Betime - Hot Green Tea
- B - Maple Baked Apples & Pears: 1 pear, 1 apple, 2 tsp maple syrup, 3 tsp water, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 Tbsp golden raisins. Combine & Microwave for 2 minutes until apples are soft.
- L - Leftover spaghetti squash & tomato sauce + watermelon
- Snack - Garlic Kale Chips
- D - Sweet potato & carrot "fries": 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt. Bake 30 min at 425. + Mean Green Juice
- Bedtime - Hot Green Tea
- B - Hot Green Tea + Tart Fruit Salad: 1/2 grapefruit, 1 cup pineapple, 1 orange, 2 kiwis. Dice & enjoy.
- L - Citrus Kale Salad
- S - Leftover sweet potato / carrot "fries"
- D - Baked Zucchini: 2 zucchini, 1/2 onion, 2 plum tomatoes, 2 Tbsp basil, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp salt. Bake 30 min at 425.
- B - Sunset Juice: 1 large sweet potato, 1 carrot, 1 bell pepper, 2 beets, 2 apples, 1 orange.
- L - Leftover baked zucchini/tomatoes + Leftover citrus kale salad
- Snack - Carrots, Cucumbers, Bell Peppers dipped in honey mustard
- D - Salad with corn, avocado, and salsa
**Make sure you HYDRATE!!**
Drink lots of water: 64 - 100 ounces a day!
Download the shopping list for the first 5 days here.
I'll close with one of my favorite pics from Easter - of me and Babycakes. What a little cutie patootie!! (And Momma doesn't look half bad either!)
(and here comes the "honest" part... Cutie Patootie Babycakes - who has been a crazy baby for the past week, refusing to take her nap, dumping dogfood all over the floor, and elongating bedtime by an extra hour each night begging me to sleep in her room like we did on that fateful B-vitamin night just nine days ago).
And just for good measure (pun intended), here is my pre-Reboot weigh-in: 173 lbs.
- Any highlights from your Easter weekend?
- Do you need a Reboot from SUGAR????
PS. I know it's silly, BUT...** Disclaimer - I AM NOT A DOCTOR!!!! This blog is just documentation about what I am doing for my own weight-loss journey, and is meant to be used only as a reference. Anyone considering a diet or juice fast should consult their doctor first. **