Last night everything was screaming "NO RUN"...legs were sore, Babycakes wouldn't go to sleep, stomach hurt, and even dear hubby was whispering: "You could just skip it tonight." But my heart wanted it. I had commited to YOU on Facebook that I would run 2 miles after work, and I just wanted to do something GOOD for my body. So, I tied those purple laces and headed out the door while dear hubby played with Babycakes. I ran 2.16 miles, shaved a full minute per mile off my time, and made it home before dark. I felt amazing and accomplished! Then, I washed the sweat off my brow (and arms and legs and everywhere...ha!) and laid by Babycakes and sang her lullabies 'til she fell asleep.
Speaking of Babycakes, she loves pancakes. So much so that I'm *thinking* about having a "pancake party" for her 2nd birthday. And so much that I basically make them at least once a week for her to eat devour. This weekend I made something super yummy and a *bit* healthier than the normal pancake breakfast.
Introducing Strawberries & Cream Pancakes:
The least healthy part of "pancakes" is usually the SYRUP. So I created a cream sauce alternate, with tons more protein and significantly less sugar/calories.
Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 6oz Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani, of course!)
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 packet Truvia
It was the perfect consistency and sweetness! Though I don't know if it was super photogenic. I tried my best to drizzle it perfectly, but it definitely looks messy!
But boy is it delicious!
- 2 cups pancake mix (I used Healthy Start Bisquick)
- 1 pouch of Happy Tot Plus: “Strawberry, Kiwi, Beet, & Pears”
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond, but you could use skim or whole)
- Toppings- extra sliced strawberries
The pancakes were like an inch thick and incredibly fluffy!
- Do you talk yourself out of exercising? Or do you commit / push through more often than not?
- Thoughts on using a yogurt based cream sauce instead of syrup?